Monday, December 14, 2009

Sugar Cookies





The boys and I made sugar cookies for the Christmas season. It is a fond memory that I have from my childhood and want to carry on the "tradition" with my own children. Nate loves to help me bake things and Jadon is starting to want to help more too (especially when it comes to licking beaters, sampling, etc.). They both helped me make the dough and then decorate the cookies. They generously added multiple candies to each cookie. I started to get frustrated with how many candies they were using as I couldn't keep up with replenishing each emptied candy dish. THEN, I realized, those actually were the tastiest, most desirable cookies. They both were very creative in their decorating and lasted much longer than Mommy with their patience and attention to detail. Talia peacefully slept through all the activity. I'm quite certain this will be the only year she doesn't try to participate (or interfere) with the cookie decorating.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - what great photos!

    I LOVE that the boys are wearing Home Depot aprons!

    Yeay for traditions!!!

    ReplyDelete