Monday, November 23, 2009

Talia Katherine Joy






























We welcomed a daughter into our family on Friday, November 20th, 2009. She has melted our hearts (particularly Daddy's) already. Nate and Jadon have become protective big brothers and are also big helpers for Mommy. Of course, they are still little boys FULL of energy.











Her arrival was blissfully "short"and thankfully, mangeagable. Friday afternoon around 1ish, I started to feel like maybe contractions were starting, but they were definitely not regular and didn't necessarily even feel like contractions. On my way home from running a few errands, I started to feel like maybe things were progressing and thankfully my dear friend, Lynda, encouraged me to go get Brent from school and head to the hospital for an assessment. I picked him up around 2:15, we parked at the hospital around 2:30ish, I was assessed maybe 2:40ish and was almost ready to deliver a baby. My doctor arrived in time to get his gloves on and request the delivery trayfor her arrival at 3:47pm. The very first glimpse we had of Talia looked exactly like Jadon (except much smaller) and so we prepared to welcome another little boy. You can imagine our surprise when she showed herself to be a little girl. She was 6lbs 10 oz. and 20 1/2 inches long. Beautiful and petite in comparison to her brothers.




















Her name, Talia, means "gentle dew from heaven", which seemed to fit her start of life in the womb. Katherine means "pure" and Joy, speaks for itself.

3 comments:

  1. I have goosebumps reading your birth story. So beautiful! She is perfect and I can't wait to meet her. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YEAY! Loved reading this and seeing all these wonderful photos! What a cute onesie in the last picture. From my visit Saturday morning, I can vouch for seeing Daddy Brent quite smitten with his little girl. =)

    Such exciting times for the Raabe family.

    I can't wait to see Nate & Jadon interacting with Talia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, she's absolutely adorable! Congratulations again to you and Brent and the boys. SO exciting to add a little girl to the mix, I'd imagine. We can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete